Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yay...finished...

I actually finished a couple of knitted projects recently. Part of my continued campaign to finish projects that are languishing, neglected and half-completed at the bottom of my knitting basket. I finished Bronwyn's Owl Sweater and she wears it all the time...here's a couple of pics. I used a really soft yarn by Rowan; Cashsoft Chunky, so it is warm and bulky without being scratchy against the skin. It is my first sweater knit in the round...and I'm not sure if I like the technique or not. I think I'll make River one too, in blue...or is it too girly?


Buttons are added to the simple cable design to suggest "owls"

And I finished the toy crocodile that I began...ahem..a while ago. I am very pleased with how it turned out and Bronwyn loves it. A few days of being her favourite and then it will lay in the pile of stuffies at the the bottom of the bed; remembering the time when Bronwyn loved her best...awwwww.



 I am thinking about designing some knitting patterns. I have done it before, but I neglect to write them down. Here is a little "beach" sweater pattern that I designed and knit a couple of years ago. It is knit in a lightweight hemp yarn and I gave it to a friend. Hang on a minute...the same bloody "friend" who ditched me for no reason but said she won't actually blank me if coincidence puts us in the same spot on the planet at some time... Anyway, I like the sweater and I'm sure if I dig around in my piles of papers and notebooks I will find the design.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Love the sweaters! Gorgeous! And the Alligator is adorable. You are an amazing knitter!

Victoria said...

Thanks Laurie! I really like the jewelry that you have been posting on Etsy. I'll put up a link! Love Vicxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the croc pictures. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so creative, I have croc envy!!!!

Lots of love
Wxxx