Saturday, April 11, 2009

Girl's day out....

Last Sunday Bronwyn and I had a day out downtown. We took the bus (Bronwyn loves the bus) and went to watch a kid's symphony concert at the Orpheum in Vancouver. The Orpheum is a great concert venue (for Vancouver standards). It was Bronwyn's first trip to the symphony and she really enjoyed it. It was called "The Maestro" and was a rendition of the Pied Piper of Hamlet story with the orchestra playing various well-known classical pieces. I think I would just take Bronwyn to a pure musical concert next time because I think the acting was distracting her from the music in that she was continually trying to work out what was going on on stage. But we really enjoyed it. We hung around afterwards and Bronwyn got chance to talk to a couple of actors. I wanted to take a couple of pictures of the theatre, but that is not allowed. What the f%$#k!!! It's the Orpheum theatre not the Whitehouse. I can go on line and download 1000 pictures and yet I can't take my own picture of an empty theatre. Grrrrrr. Anyway, we walked around downtown for a while and Bronwyn wanted to climb a tree outside the Vancouver Art Museum (we'll save that trip for another day).

I love the lions that hang out outside the gallery...

We took a walk through the lobby of Hotel Vancouver (not my picture...sorry). I thought about having afternoon tea, but it's $32/person! How many tiny sandwiches and scones can a person eat?

Then we went for sushi at our favourite sushi place on Robson Street, "Tsunami". The sushi chefs stand in the middle and prepare the sushi and then place it on little wooden boots that circle the bar. We sat at the bar and Bronwyn was really excited to watch the boats go around and to pick up a plate of sushi from a boat. It was a lot of fun.

The waitress took a picture of us. However, I think I have slightly crazed look in my eye...and Bronwyn looks nervous.

Bronwyn got a new "Eeyore" stuffy - who joined us for sushi. Here she is wondering how the hell do you eat with two sticks.

No comments: