Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day...

Here are the beautiful cards that Bronwyn made for us.


Actually I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. In my opinion it's just a day made up to sell cards and make people feel guilty for not spending money on over-priced flowers and chocolates. Oh and let's not forget it's the one specific day of the year that says to many people, "You're single, you're alone....sucks to be you!" (How does Mark cope with a romantic fool like me?) Of course, that's not what I tell Bronwyn. I mumble something about, "It's a day for showing we care for each other and for appreciating our friends and family...blah blah". They make a big deal out of it at school (those teachers are always on the hunt for "themes"). I don't mind because the focus in schools is usually on friendship and everyone gives a card to everyone else. Unlike Valentine's Day when I was at school...you would be terrified in case you were the only kid who received no cards, until you found out that you were the only kid who got no cards. Or worse, being the recipient of the "joke card". Nice lesson in friendship that was!

So anyway, Mark took the kids out for a walk while I had some time on my own. This is the "East/West Canyon Loop" in Pacific Spirit Park (I think there was an earthquake in Vancouver that created the canyon). The trail goes all the way down to Spanish Banks. It is a beautiful walk, especially when you get to the part that overlooks the beach and the north shore mountains.

Bronwyn took this picture. It is looking down the canyon....

We will try to get out somewhere altogether tomorrow. Tonight Mark said he will make Japanese food (Sushi and Teryaki chicken.....mmmmm). And I am sure we will drink a bit of wine. So Happy Valentines to all our friends and family and if you celebrate, I hope you have a good one. Here is a picture of a heart. I do have some romanticism in me!

No comments: