Saturday, August 15, 2009

Who is Scooby Dum???

We are being "forced" to watch a lot of Scooby Doo these days. Bronwyn loves it and Mark got a hold of all the original series. I was surprised to learn that the original Scooby Doo song (ya know..."Scooby, dooby, do - where are you? We need some help from you, now"...) Was only in the original series. In 1976 it became the "Scooby Doo Show" with a new theme song. A little bit of trivia in case anyone asks....and they might. Anyway, I remember watching Scooby Doo on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Of course back then we didn't have a video recorder, so we'd wait for the next week to roll by to get our fix of the Saturday morning kid's shows. Now I am reliving the experience. Of course, with the aid of modern technology Bronwyn can watch all the episodes ever made...one after the other...over and over. I had to put a stop to it - or at least make her take a break - it was starting to drive me crazy...I was beginning to twitch. Anyway, I don't remember this character, Scooby Dumb. He was Scooby Doo's Cousin (or brother). I think he is really annoying.

But Scooby Doo makes a change from The Wiggles. The only show that River will watch is The Wiggles. There is something about them that River enjoys so much. In fact, The Wiggles do a better job than we do at comforting him. There must be something in their singing style and their manner. I often wonder what we would do without them. Of course, they are clearly insane and Captain Feathersword is definitely on some kind of "uppers". If you don't know the Wiggles...then perhaps you are lucky. As other parents can attest, you can't just know of them...you have to live them. It's one of the trials of parenting...perhaps one of the hardest.

Anyway, I found this on BBC world the other day. For those of you who have kids who ask difficult questions....http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8200022.stm

No comments: