Friday, August 14, 2009

The little things....

The joy of little things....like bubbles. That's what I have to remember sometimes when I'm in the midst of feeling anxious and making perpetual mental to-do lists.

It's another busy week. I have been experiencing a constant nagging that I am not doing enough. I feel dismayed not to have done projects that I have set my mind to do. I don't know whether I procrastinate or whether two young kids does indeed keep me crazy busy - especially with no help around, and when one of them has extra needs. I don't even have time to continue my mid-life crisis...which started a few years ago. Or maybe that's what my anxieties largely consist of. Not getting any time to myself to pursue the interests that I enjoy. Or perhaps I have to learn how to knit, read, play flute while I am at the park, cooking dinner, or changing diapers! And speaking of food. That seems to be the largest part of my day...buying it, preparing it, cooking it...giving the kids meals, snacks...the never-ending dreaded question, "what's shall we have for dinner?" And Bronwyn and River are very picky eaters - River in particular will eat only about 6 things. Bronwyn is better - but she prefers bland food. I find myself preparing 3 separate dinners on most days. Today the kids seem under the weather. By the time Mark gets home I will be huddled in a corner...jabbering nonsense. Eeek....am I a harried housewife?

No comments: