Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just another week....

You've probably seen this sign before and thought it was a joke. But it works...really!

Crazy busy week interspersed with sickness...ho hum...just another week...the joys of parenting! River (who actually had his turn at being ill) became sick again last Thursday night. He's spent the last few days and nights with a temperature around 40 degrees (that's around 100 F for those still unfamiliar with the metric system...and metric has been around for a while now, by the way). So he's been really ill with flu and an ear infection and has been miserable, poor thing. Today is the first day he's been almost back to normal. As usual, I have to thank the Wiggles for providing the comfort and succour that his parents are (apparently) unable to provide so well! Actually, that's not true...he has clung to me like a limpet for days...while watching the Wiggles.

Speaking of the Wiggles - we've got tickets to see them in November. See...we're not past it, we still go to concerts!
Incidentally, I learned that the Wiggles are the top grossing act in Australia...bigger than Kylie Minogue. People without toddlers probably haven't even heard of them. I also learned that squirrels have two mating seasons, Spring and Fall. That blue cheese was actually found by mistake (some French guy left his cheese in the fridge for about a year). Apparently your teeth will explode if they are exposed to the very low temperatures of the Antarctic, and, this is a good one to know, it only takes 7lbs of pressure (about 3kg!)to pull your ears off.....and on it goes. My mind is desperately reaching for facts and tidbits to hang on to as it slowly dissolves into mush. Of course, I could expedite the whole thing by watching reality TV every night. Nah...too easy.

2 comments:

Michelle Jackson said...

Hey Victoria,
Mark gave me your blaog address and I have since spent the better half of my day reading about a day in the life of a Kroh. You are such a good writer, Ic ouldn't bring myself to leave the computer and now Rob will be pissed when he comes home to no dinner, an untidy house and unruly kids. Oh well, such is life. Wish I had it in me to write a day by day or even month by month journal of the life and times of the Schusters. Some might find it amusing, sometimes I find it outright crazy. Anyway, thanks for the entertainment and hopefully we will see you guys in the not so distant future. The more kids the crazier the entertainment :) Until then take care

Victoria said...

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for stopping by and for the compliments! I am enjoying writing this family journal. It's fun and great for family and friends who never get to see us. A little window in our lives. I think I'd enjoy reading about the Schusters (and the crazier the better). I hope we'll be up there for a visit with you guys soon!