Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tackling Little Dude's hair




Yesterday's task was to tackle Little Dude's hair. It has to be said that a kind of mullet was forming at the back. I have read something about the mullet coming back to haunt us. I hope it is just one of those scary urban myths. He has crazy hair at the best of times, but I can't let him go around with a mullet. Last time I tried to cut his hair it entailed me running around the house with a pair of scissors (yes, I know...scissors + running=very bad), I was chasing him around and trying to surreptitiously cut stray chunks of his hair. Afterwards, the overall look was not that great. Then I thought of taking him to a children's hair cutting place, even though I know he would not sit in the chair...unless they played "Wiggles" perhaps. Anyway, we went to look at the children's hair-cutting place. The first thing we noticed was the sound...loud wails of anguish. The next thing we observed were the drawn looks on the faces of harried parents as they tried to force wailing kids to get their hair cut. Upon further inspection I noticed the type of haircut the wailing kids (mostly boys) were getting. If you could master the "bowl cut" without actually using a bowl, then that is what these "hairstylists" were inflicting on these poor kids. The haircuts were horrific and it struck me that the kids were probably crying more at what they saw in the mirror than at the actual experience. So we decided to give it one more go. We sat him in his chair, damped down his hair, put the Wiggles on TV and gave it a go. He's got wavy hair - so it can be quite forgiving. Here's the result...not too bad (bearing in mind he'd just got up). Of course, with his stunning good looks, he can get away with anything!




No comments: