Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One down...

I almost forgot it was St Patrick's day...but then again, I am not Irish...

I had my first dose of radiation today. It all went pretty smoothly. The only annoying thing was that on Monday I received a phone call with times for today, tomorrow,and Friday (all different). I changed River's schedule, arranged pick ups for Bronwyn, childcare etc. When I got there today I was handed a card with my appointment times on it - only to find they were different! Fortunately, it got sorted. I hope it's just teething problems. It's going to be beyond a headache if stuff like that keeps happening. Mark came with me. He followed me into the waiting area. A radiation therapist then got up to show me where I could get changed. Mark said, "Shall I just wait here?" She turned to him, then to me. I looked at her, shrugged, and said, "I don't even know who he is....pause...ha ha...just kidding, he's my husband!". Ahhhh, the look of shock on her face was priceless! Gotta get a laugh out of it somehow. So anyway, it was quick. The treatments themselves are only a about half a minute. They set you up with the machine, then they leave the room and close the 6-inch thick lead door. You lie there while the machine buzzes and gives you a shot of radiation (actually, more a like a pulse). Crazy stuff. The mind boggles at the technology. One down, Nineteen more to go...

No comments: